Restorative Training Program with Eddie Edwards
Purpose Statement: Creating an environment conducive for learning and training to ensure that youth in need are guided to become cognitive, problem solving, disciplined, respectful young learners in school, the community, and prepped to become individual leaders of tomorrow.
Description: Our RTC program will host youth grades 1st-12th to the Paul I. Phillips Boys & Girls Club during the typical school day. Qualifying youth will be experiencing short-term or long-term suspensions at school. In collaboration with local schools and parents, RTC will serve as a tool for parents and schools to provide youth with a second chance for learning. After completing the program, a meeting will be held to go over a written contract that has been collaboratively created by the RTC administration and youth. The contract will address reentry into the school with positive behavior and engagement.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at Paul I. Phillips BGC (726 Madison Ave SE)
- 8:00am: Introduction – Rules and Expectations
- 8:15am: Gym Activities
- 9:00am: Social and Emotional Learning
- 9:30: School Work (snack provided)
- 12:00: Lunch (brought from home)
- 12:30: School Work
- 2:00: Restorative Justice Conversations
- 2:30: Dismissal to Boys & Girls Club or home
- Student is experiencing short-term or long-term suspension at their school
- Must be enrolled in school in grades 1st-12th
- Must attend school in Kent County
- All students must have transportation to and from the program
- Students should bring athletic clothes and shoes to participate in gym sessions as well as a packed lunch
- All participants must complete a Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids membership application if staying past 2:30pm
- Start enrollment process by completing this Form
- You may alternatively fill out the Registration Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait to be contacted and accepted into the program by founder, Eddie Edwards. You may also call him with questions 313-449-6770
- If you would like your child(ren) to remain at the Club after 2:30, fill out a membership application
Apply to be a volunteer here!
Restorative Training Center Enrollment FormTo be put on the Restorative Training program list, take a couple of minutes to complete this form .
Paul I. Phillips Club
726 Madison Ave SE
139 Crofton Street SE
235 Straight Ave NW