Learn More About our Upcoming Pathways to Policing Program!
Pathways to Policing offers mentoring, education on GRPD positions, instruction on police procedure and life skills development for teens 13 and up. The upcoming session is open to 12 teens and begins January 23.
The Pathways to Policing program is a partnership between Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids and the Grand Rapids Police Department.
1. Provide opportunities for open and candid dialogue between teens and GRPD officers.
2. Facilitate the opportunity for positive relationships between teens and officers working in their communities.
3. Introduce teens to the different jobs within the GRPD (bomb squad, SWAT, etc.)
1. Available to any Club member who is at least 13 years old.
2. Current Club member recommended by Club Director.
3. Be ready to engage in conversation and participate in activities!
2-Step Application Process
1. If not a Club member, fill out the membership application.
2. Complete a Pathways to Policing application at any Club location or complete the form online and turn it in to one of our Clubs.